To improve queer and trans lives.
- SUPPORT: By empowering LGBTQ individuals to be their best selves through:
- Youth one-on-one peer support
- ‘Bra, breast forms, and binders’ exchange program for youth
- Intergenerational mentorship sessions
- Friendly visitors program where volunteers visit with LGBTQ seniors living in assisted living facilities
- Free counselling
- Information and referrals from our comprehensive LGBTQ-friendly directory
- Partnership with Bute Street Clinic (STI clinic)
- Partnership with naturopathic clinic
- CONNECTION: By strengthening our LGBTQ communities to be inclusive and resilient through:
- LEADERSHIP: By leading the way towards full legal and lived equality for all LGBTQ people through:
A world where everyone is free from discrimination, included, and celebrated for who they are.
The QMUNITY team
A key player in the success of our mission is our talented, committed, and diverse team of staff and volunteers.
The QMUNITY space
The space we create by coming together is another critical component in the success of our mission.
Our building is our anchor. It provides a safe space for LGBTQ community members to fully self-express without fear and it serves as a hub and catalyzer for community initiatives and collective strength.
You play a role in the success of our mission as well.
Every member of BC’s LGBTQ communities and our allies play an essential role in the impact of our organization towards its mission to improve queer and trans lives.
Here’s how you can get involved: