Celebrating National Volunteer Week 2017
April 25, 2017
With deepest gratitude, thank you!
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity for QMUNITY to recognize those of you who devote your time, energy, and passion ensuring that QMUNITY can meet its mission and vision.
You — as volunteers — are a critical resource to our community. It is because of your ability to work together for the betterment of our diverse communities that we can begin to see a world where LGBTQ/2S individuals can live our lives fully, free from discrimination.
You help us achieve QMUNITY’s missions and vision in many different ways:
- you bring with you objectivity that helps us reshape our programs and services;
- you bring specialized skills and knowledge that enhances the organization’s ability to respond to more complex issues in our diverse LGBTQ/2S communities;
- you bring with you new ideas that can help us build efficiencies into our systems and programs;
- and (frankly), you make things more fun as you share your smiles, laughter, senses of humour, and innovation.
I’d like to share a few highlights from 2016 with you:
- Volunteer counsellors provided 1,399 hours of support to those most in need
- Volunteers provided 5,069 hours of support to youth, seniors, in education & training programming, through information and referral services, and in support of the communications and engagement team
- QMUNITY hosted 9 social events for our volunteers and 8 professional development opportunities
I am in awe of the fact that you have collectively given 6500 hours of committed work to better the lives of queer, trans, Two-Spirit communities in Vancouver and B.C.
For that I say thank you!