Start an LGBTQ Group
Do you have an idea for a group that would benefit the LGBTQ community?
Peer-Facilitated Groups are organized by community volunteers. Each group is asked to maintain QMUNITY’s Code of Respect and participate in some standardized queer competency training, guidelines, and communication. Peer-Facilitated Groups are otherwise independent to determine group plans and leadership.
How to Start a Peer-Facilitated Group at QMUNITY:
- Explore current social and support groups offered at QMUNITY – if someone has a similar idea, join forces!
- Read the Peer-Facilitated Groups Policy Handbook
- Complete and submit the following documents to email@example.com
- Attend a meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator to discuss your group, make any necessary adjustments to your application, and, if approved, book Queer Competency and Facilitator Training for group leaders
- Get started with group gatherings!
Applicants interested in starting peer-facilitated groups should:
- Have a background or interest in the type of group being created
- Make a commitment to facilitate the group to its completion•
- Be stable in their own lives
- Understand and maintain professional boundaries
- Understand issues of confidentiality related to group work
- Be non-judgmental and supportive
- Be responsible, consistent, and trustworthy
- Be willing to uphold QMUNITY’s Code of Respect
Please feel free to contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.