Casual Education Facilitator
Reports To: Manager, Education & Engagement
Position Unionized CUPE 1936 – Casual
QMUNITY operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the Coast Salish territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
The Organization: QMUNITY is BC’s 2SLGBTQIA+ community hub and exists to improve queer, trans, and Two-Spirit lives. We do this in three ways: by supporting individuals, by strengthening our communities, and by leading the way towards legal and lived equality.
Diversity: QMUNITY is committed to equity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including trans and gender variant persons, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Purpose: Casual Facilitators are responsible for delivering QMUNITY’s Queer Inclusivity Trainings (QIT) as required by program needs, including the timely completion of workshop evaluations. Facilitators deliver workshops and presentations to adult learners, utilizing a variety of adult education models, both in-person and virtually via zoom.
- Facilitate virtual and in-person 2SLGBTQIA+ inclusivity workshops, trainings, and presentations for a variety of external groups, as scheduled in collaboration with and developed by the Education Program team
- Coordinate all associated travel logistics to and from workshops for in-person training. Travel costs are covered if materials need to be moved.
- Complete evaluation & facilitator feedback forms in a consistent and timely manner following workshops to help inform the education program
- Attend and participate in ongoing workshop facilitation training with QMUNITY
- Participate in occasional group debrief, or debrief with the Manager of Education & Engagement, on an as-needed basis
|Administration & Coordination
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated training & facilitation experience – proficient in relevant training methodologies and soft skills (communication skills, critical thinking, time management, team building, etc.)
- Relevant education in a related field (ie education, gender studies) is an asset but not required
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, social media tools and presentation tools (e.g. menti, zoom)
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of 2SLGBTQIA+ issues and communities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in adult education, group facilitation, and public speaking
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices
- Criminal record check
- To follow all policies and procedures of the organization
Work hours and wage
This position is a casual unionized position with CUPE local 1936. This role’s wage is $28.25 plus 10.8% in lieu of benefits. This position has a 450 hour probation period. This position is a casual position, and therefore there is no commitment to hours and operates on an as needed basis from the Employment program. On average, the Education Facilitator will be scheduled for 2-3 workshops, or six (6) to nine (9) hours of work will be scheduled weekly; the number of work hours will vary according to program need.
Accountability: The Casual Facilitator is accountable to the Manager of Education and Engagement. Please note that QMUNITY is a unionized workplace and staff are represented by CUPE 1936. This position is within the bargaining unit.
Accessibility: Please note, QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building and applicants need to be able to negotiate a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office.
Start date: The expected start date for this position is Feb 1st. Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found, and interviews will be held as resumes are received.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume that clearly outline how you meet the requirements in one document to email@example.com.