Counseling and Support Services Coordinator Job Description
Job title: Counseling and Support Services Coordinator
Full-time (37.5 hrs/week), permanent
QMUNITY operates on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the Coast Salish territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
The Organization: QMUNITY is BC’s 2SLGBTQAI+ community hub and exists to improve queer, trans, and Two-Spirit lives. We do this in three ways: by supporting individuals, by strengthening our communities, and by leading the way towards legal and lived equality.
Diversity: QMUNITY is committed to equity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including trans and gender-variant persons, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Purpose: Sustain, create and support the counseling program at QMUNITY
- Develop, coordinate, promote, and facilitate the counseling program- both fee for service and practicum stream
- Coordinate all programmatic and administrative aspects of QMUNITY’s Counseling Services
- Work closely with the Clinical Supervisor of Counselling Services to ensure the provision of high quality, ethical, and client centered counselling services among the counselling team
- Actively assist in the ongoing development and review of program counselling components
- Explore and develop community partnerships including recruitment and screening of counselling placement students.
- Facilitate and maintain Jane App records and client connection
- Manage and facilitate case management around client intake
- Assist Clinical Supervisor in scheduling and supporting volunteers and practicum students
- Provide monthly reporting on counseling program and revenue
- Facilitate revenue related strategies for counseling program
- Facilitate monthly counseling team meetings
- Liaise internally with staff around counseling capacity
- Facilitate and maintain community partnerships
- Collaborate with QMUNITY management and staff on projects and activities that strengthen QMUNITY’s programs and services
- Monthly statistical record-keeping and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or related field
- Experience with intake and assessment procedures
- 3+ years’ experience working with counseling related programming or case management
- First Aid, CPR and ASIST certification is an asset
- Experience working within 2SLGBTQIA+ communities which provide wellness support services highly desired
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills (bilingual a plus)
- Completed 40 hours of support training alongside other volunteers on sexual health, HIV/AIDS, mental health, and homophobia, biphobia and transphobia
- Knowledge and connection to relevant community resources
- Program development skills
- Jane App experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel)
- Demonstrated skills in innovative program development and delivery and community development
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of wellness issues facing 2SLGBTQIA+ youth and community members
- Demonstrated strong group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in team as well as working independently
- Results focused
- Able to organize, multi-task, problem-solve and remain flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Focus on client service and support
- Registered Social Worker with British Columbia Association of Social Workers or alternative registration
- Criminal record check
- To follow all policies and procedures of the organization
- The ability to handle confidential/sensitive information appropriately
- Commitment to a high standard of service and an atmosphere of respect and dignity in all aspects of the program
Accountability: The Counselling and Support Services Coordinator is directly accountable to the Executive Director. Please note that QMUNITY is a unionized workplace and staff are represented by CUPE Local 1936. This position is within the bargaining unit.
Salary: $27.05 hour + Comprehensive benefits
Hours of work: This is a permanent full-time position (37.5 hours/week). The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.
Accessibility: Please note QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building. Applicants should be aware that there is a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office.
Start date: The expected start date for this position is [August 15, 2021] or earlier. Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found, and interviews will be held as resumes are received.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume that clearly outline how you meet the requirements in one document to [email protected]. Please indicate “Counseling and Support Services Coordinator – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.