The PRISM Employment Support Service (ESS) is a strengths-based, trauma-informed employment support program for 2SLGBTQIA+ people living in BC. Prism ESS is a partnership program between QMUNITY and YWCA Metro Vancouver.
About The Program
Participants receive one-to-one coaching sessions with an employment advisor, as well as employment workshops.
- One-to-one individualized support delivered by a trained trauma and resilience-informed career case manager
- In-person, online and hybrid delivery options are available
- Weekly group employment skill and confidence-building workshops such as goal setting, personality dimensions, growth mindset, career research, resume and cover letters, interview skills, and other relevant topics
- Community referrals including:
- In-house QMUNITY programs and services
- External community resources
- WorkBC services
- Access to personal counselling sessions*
- Financial assistance for transit, occupational training, clothing, and child care*
- Up to four months of Case Managed supports
*Subject to funding and eligibility
- Canadian citizens, protected refugees, or permanent residents living in BC who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+
- Willing to attend individualized one-to-one weekly sessions with their case manager, attend employment workshops and to independently work on accomplishing the weekly goals set out in their action plan
- Reliable access to a laptop or desktop computer
- Reliable access to internt
- Reliable access to sound, microphone and video capabilities
*There is no age restriction to access this program
How to Enroll
Interested in PRISM? Watch this short Info Session video for more information.
Now that you have watched the Info Session video and want to enrol, here are your next steps to apply:
2. Send us a copy of your resume and cover letter – rough drafts are ok! Email them to email@example.com
3. Once we’ve received your resume, cover letter, and Participation Agreement, and confirmed your eligibility, we will reach out to you about the next steps!
PRISM conducts new monthly intakes on the second Monday of each month.
Workshops and Clinics
Resume and Cover Letter Clinic
Third Wednesday of Every Month.
Learn how to build a great resume and cover letter and get assistance in a workshop setting.
4-5pm: Resume and cover letter presentation by PRISM ESS staff.
5-6PM Assistance with your resume from PRISM ESS staff, and volunteers from local recruiting agencies; complimentary printing and protective folder to take home. Come back whenever you need to for more help!
Mock Interview Skill ‘n Chill
Fourth Wednesday of Every Month. Starting July 27, 2022.
Learn how to market yourself and become more confident at job interviews while connecting with your community!
4-4:15pm: Interview skills presentation by PRISM staff.
Until 6pm: Work with PRISM staff, volunteers from local recruiting agencies, and peers practising common interview questions; complimentary resume and cover letter printing. Come back for multiple sessions if you need more help!