IDAHOT Data Entry Volunteer Job Description
Estimated start date: April 2021
QMUNITY is BC’s Queer, Trans and Two-Spirit Resource Centre which exists to improve queer, trans and Two-Spirit lives. QMUNITY operates on the occupied, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Accessibility: Please note QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building. Applicants should be aware that there is a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office, without access to elevator, lift or ramp.
QMUNITY uses a variety of digital tools to engage its community of members, donors and supporters. The data entry volunteer will play a key role in assisting QMUNITY staff to maintain high quality, accurate supporter records, by performing manual data entry to keep our various databases updated and synchronized. This position will require a recurring monthly time commitment.
- Change of address / bad address – you’ll update records in eTapestry to help us keep records up to date
- Manual Donation Entry – You’ll assist in entering donation records into our donor database
This is an unpaid volunteering position; volunteers must:
- Be comfortable using computers and technology
- Some past experience with databases or administrative data entry is an asset
- Be 19 years of age or over
- Have a strong knowledge of anti-oppressive frameworks and inclusive language
- Experience working or volunteering within 2SLGBTQIA+ communities
QMUNITY volunteers are put in a position of trust and responsibility with our community members, clients and youth. We conduct Vulnerable Sector Checks for all our volunteers, in accordance with Public Safety Canada’s best practices.
Peers are able to uplift each other in unique ways – we strongly prefer our volunteers to identify as part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Preference will be given to people of all marginalized genders, Indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
- Experience working in an established local non-profit.
- Inclusion in QMUNITY volunteer team events and professional development.
- Potential for letters of recommendation and references.
Support will be provided on an ongoing basis through regular check-ins with the Volunteer Coordinator or another supervising staff member.
How to apply:
Please apply using our online Volunteer Application.