Job Posting – Manager, Programs & Community Development
Manager, Programs & Community Development
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Excluded – Full-time
Salary: $80,000/year + benefits
Position Start Date: To Be Determined
The Organization: QMUNITY is BC’s LGBTQ2S+ community hub and exists to improve queer, trans, and Two-Spirit lives. We do this in three ways: by supporting individuals, by strengthening our communities, and by leading the way towards legal and lived equality.
QMUNITY operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the Coast Salish territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Diversity: QMUNITY is committed to equity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including trans and gender variant persons, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Purpose: The Manager, Programs & Community Development, has strategic and operational responsibility for QMUNITY programs and manages a group of staff. They provide leadership to the innovation and growth of community-based programming and fee-for-service business.
- Develops, implements and monitors programs at both the strategic and operational level to ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and outcomes that are consistent with QMUNITY’s mission and funders’ expected deliverables
- Supervises and supports program and project staff; works with staff to explore new and/or expanded services and programs
- Works closely as a team with the Manager, Service Delivery & Clinical Supervision and the Executive Director
- Oversees budget development for non-operational programming, including one-time funding, special project grants, etc.
- Develops new programming including program design, implementation, evaluation and monitoring
- Oversees ongoing analysis of program deliverables, data, and records with a view to continuous improvement, long-range planning, and innovation
- Manages and designs internal opportunities for group dialogue, including in support of strategic planning, staff development and community engagement
- Secures funding opportunities for the development, management and design of community engagement, public consultation and dialogue projects, offered on a fee-for-service basis
- Secures funding to design and manage community dialogues to inform programs and to strengthen and connect our communities
Funding & Fee-For-Service:
- Manages new and special project funder relationships
- Identifies new funding opportunities and develops new funding proposals
- Manages all reporting for funders within portfolio
- Identifies and develops opportunities for earned income revenue
Human Resources and Organizational Development:
- Together with the Executive Director and Manager, Service Delivery & Clinical Supervision, this position shares responsibility for managing personnel, including recruitment, work plan development, recognition and retention
- Responsible for performance management of assigned personnel
- Shares internal leadership activities and strategic and operational planning
- Identifies best practices, improvement of internal systems, and staff engagement
- Participates as a member of the management team in all aspects of organizational planning and development
- Participates in policy review and development
- Follows a collaborative model of working with personnel, and encourages engagement in policy and operations
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Including partner organizations and educational institutions
Knowledge & Experience:
- A relevant Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree with preference given to advanced training in non-profit management, facilitation and/or community development
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit, unionized social service management
- Demonstrated experience working in LGBTQ2S communities is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in program design, program implementation and preparing funding proposals
- Demonstrated experience stewarding relationships with funders, program reporting and evaluation
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to build and manage effective teams
- Ability to organize, multi-task, problem-solve and remain flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience managing people
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated leadership skills in service quality, program development and program oversight
- Firm understanding of pedagogical approaches that support QMUNITY’s capacity and community building mandate, including but not limited to anti-oppression frameworks, experiential education, dialogic engagement and appreciative inquiry
- Experience with fee-for-service operations and growth
- An entrepreneurial drive to support program development and increase revenue
- Strong knowledge of LGBTQ2S communities and issues; a high sense of responsibility and commitment to the mission of QMUNITY
- Commitment to a high standard of service and an atmosphere of respect and dignity throughout the organization
- A criminal record check must be undertaken
- Adheres to all policies and procedures established by the organization
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- First Aid, CPR and ASIST certification is an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s license (preferable)
- Documentation that the applicant is legally approved to work in Canada
The Manager, Programs & Community Development, reports directly to the Executive Director. Please note that QMUNITY is a unionized workplace and staff are represented by CUPE 3495. This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
Hours of work:
This is a permanent full-time position (37.5 hours/week). Usual hours of work are Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
QMUNITY’s main office is located on the second floor of the building, with only stair access to the space.
Closing Date for Applications:
Wednesday, February 5 2020 at 4:00pm
The preferred method for submitting your cover letter and resume is by email to Timothy Agg, Interim Executive Director, at [email protected] (Microsoft Word of Adobe pdf). Please note your full name and the position title in the subject line of your email (i.e. First and Last Name – Position Title). If you are unable to send your application by email, you may apply by mail/drop-off your application to: QMUNITY – 1170 Bute Street, Vancouver BC V6E 1Z6 to the attention of Timothy Agg.
QMUNITY conducts primary source verification of applicant’s credentials including education, training, work history and licensure.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: January 24 2020