Job Posting – Manager, Service Quality & Clinical Supervision
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Excluded – Full-time
Salary: $80,000/year + benefits
Position Start Date: To Be Determined
The Organization: QMUNITY is BC’s LGBTQ2S+ community hub and exists to improve queer, trans, and Two-Spirit lives. We do this in three ways: by supporting individuals, by strengthening our communities, and by leading the way towards legal and lived equality.
QMUNITY operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the Coast Salish territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Diversity: QMUNITY is committed to equity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including trans and gender variant persons, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Purpose: The Manager, Service Quality & Clinical Supervision, provides practice leadership, clinical supervision and consultation across all programs, and particularly to the seniors and youth programs; and provides clinical supervision to the counselling programs. The role is designed to carry forward the mission and values of the organization and lead personnel in their practice to support QMUNITY’s clients.
- Provides direct program and eclectic clinical supervision to counselling program staff and practicum student counsellors; and consultation support to the fee-for-service counsellors
- Provides clinical supervision to the staff of the youth and seniors programs
- Provides direct program supervision to the volunteer coordinator, and supports the information and referral volunteers
- Provides ethical guidance and clinical support and supervision across all programs, and particularly the youth and seniors programs
- Encourages and supports the growth and development of fee-for-service counselling services, and of student practicum placements
- Leads exploration of innovative service models, including the use of technology to better serve distant clients
- Maintains ethical and appropriate records as it pertains to the role of clinical supervisor
- Maintains ethical accountability to the vision, mission and values of the student placement process
- Adheres to all ethical and practice requirements of the contracted clinical supervision agreements with respective education institutions and their respective best practices and disciplines
- Engages in direct client service in exceptional circumstances
- Monitors service delivery across all programs, assesses service quality, and implements an ongoing quality improvement with staff across all programs
- Develops and maintains a co-constructed accountability and feedback process with counselling personnel and across the organization
Training and Development:
- Leads the development and delivery of in-house training and personnel development, and supports the professional development of staff across all programs
- Provides educational supervision and consultation to counselling personnel to enhance their knowledge base
- Commits to the nurturance and guidance of young counselling professionals in the field and adheres to best practices in leadership and strengths-based training and guidance
Human Resources and Organizational Development:
- Together with the Executive Director and Manager, Programs & Community Development, this position shares responsibility for managing personnel, including recruitment, work plan development, recognition and retention
- Responsible for performance management of assigned personnel
- Shares internal leadership activities and strategic and operational planning
- Identifies best practices, improvement of internal systems, and staff engagement
- Participates as a member of the management team in all aspects of organizational planning and development
- Participates in policy review and development
- Follows a collaborative model of working with personnel, and encourages engagement in policy and operations
- Develops strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders. Including partner organizations and educational institutions
- Adheres to all ethical codes and mandates of the profession of social work and the best practices of clinical supervision in the field
Knowledge & Experience:
- Masters of Social Work degree (MSW) plus RSW or RCC certification
- Demonstrated experience in social service delivery and supervision, including clinical supervision
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit, unionized social service management
- Demonstrated experience working in LGBTQ2S communities is an asset
Job Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to build and manage effective teams
- Ability to organize, multi-task, problem-solve and remain flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience managing people
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated leadership skills in service quality, program development and program oversight
- Firm understanding of pedagogical approaches that support QMUNITY’s capacity and community building mandate, including but not limited to anti-oppression frameworks, experiential education, dialogic engagement and appreciative inquiry
- Experience with fee-for-service operations and growth
- An entrepreneurial drive to support program development and increase revenue
- Strong knowledge of LGBTQ2S communities and issues; a high sense of responsibility and commitment to the mission of QMUNITY
- Commitment to a high standard of service and an atmosphere of respect and dignity throughout the organization
- A criminal record check must be undertaken
- Adheres to all policies and procedures established by the organization
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information
- First Aid, CPR and ASIST certification is an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s license (preferable)
The Manager, Service Quality & Clinical Supervision, reports directly to the Executive Director. Please note that QMUNITY is a unionized workplace and staff are represented by CUPE 3495. This position is excluded from the bargaining unit.
Hours of work:
This is a permanent full-time position (37.5 hours/week). Usual hours of work are Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
QMUNITY’s main office is located on the second floor of the building, with only stair access to the space.
Closing Date for Applications:
Wednesday, February 5 2020 at 4:00pm
The preferred method for submitting your cover letter and resume is by email to Timothy Agg, Interim Executive Director, at [email protected] (Microsoft Word of Adobe pdf). Please note your full name and the position title in the subject line of your email (i.e. First and Last Name – Position Title). If you are unable to send your application by email, you may apply by mail/drop-off your application to: QMUNITY – 1170 Bute Street, Vancouver BC V6E 1Z6 to the attention of Timothy Agg.
QMUNITY conducts primary source verification of applicant’s credentials including education, training, work history and licensure.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: January 24 2020