Full-time (40 hrs/week), permanent.
QMUNITY operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous peoples across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
About QMUNITY: QMUNITY is BC’s 2SLBGTQIA+ community hub and exists to improve queer, trans, and Two-Spirit lives. We do this in three ways: by supporting individuals, by strengthening our communities, and by leading the way towards legal and lived equality. We operate with 15 staff, and a large pool of volunteers.
Purpose: The Manager, Programs contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing programs and services specific to seniors, youth, counseling, volunteerism and advocacy. This role requires strong program management skills as well as excellent communication and leadership abilities. You will provide leadership as well as strategic management in coordination with QMUNITY’s leadership team. You will report to the Co-Executive Director of Programs and Services. This management position is exempt from the union.
Diversity & Values: QMUNITY is committed to employment equity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including trans and non-binary folk, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities. In recognition of structural and systemic barriers to education and employment, we will work with applicants where possible to address gaps in education and/or experience; professional development funding is available on an annual basis. QMUNITY values the experiences and skill sets gained through non-traditional employment, including unpaid and emotional labour, community organizing and mutual aid.
- Develop and implement comprehensive workplans for QMUNITY’s youth, seniors, counseling and volunteer portfolios
- Capture and congregate program engagement data, to inform and develop a quarterly impact report
- Support operational use of and adherence to client management systems in all programs & services
- Develop, support and facilitate program timelines, data collections and budgets
- Manage and support unionized program staff, providing professional mentorship and practical support in the execution of program activities
- Oversee and coordinate program-related activities, including the planning and execution of events
- Identify and advise on community needs as it pertains to programs and services
- Communicate program progress, challenges and liaise with stakeholders and senior leadership
- Ensure program deliverables are met according to strategic plans and funder expectations
- Collaborate with staff to ensure program objectives and client satisfaction
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with program clients and community members accessing services through QMUNITY; provide support to operational program staff in navigating client relationships and external partners
- Apply and manage granting systems, and ensure sustained and healthy relationships with funders, donors, and external partners
- Identify and implement program evaluations
- Work with respective staff in knowledge translation and social impact reports
- Advocate for community needs, sustainable funding and staff to external stakeholders
- Work with QMUNITY leadership team to ensure successful operation and fund development
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in program development and social services
- Experience working with underserved communities
- Strong project management experience
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge around unionized environments
- Experience working in a not-for-profit and/or community organization an asset
- Strong knowledge of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities and issues; high sense of responsibility and commitment to the mission of QMUNITY
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Criminal records check
- Valid BC Driver’s License is strongly preferred
- To follow all policies and procedures of the organization
- First Aid, CPR and ASIST certification is an asset
- Commitment to a high standard of service and an atmosphere of respect and dignity in all aspects of the programs and services for our communities
- Accessibility: QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building. Applicants should be aware that there is a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office.
- Hours of work: This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours/week). The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm.
- Compensation: The salary for this position is $72,500 annually, along with a 3 month probationary period. Comprehensive benefits package includes extended health and dental insurance, a supplemental $500/year health & wellness credit provided by QMUNITY, and a generous paid leave/vacation/sick policy, along with the possibility of a pension plan or professional development fund.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Manager, Programs – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.