You’re not alone, we’re here for you.There’s a lot going on right now. If you are struggling, we want you to know that you are not alone in your struggles. QMUNITY is here to honor where you are on your journey.
There’s a lot of people just like you, facing similar experiences and taking it one day at a time. This page is a helpful tool for finding mental health resources available at QMUNITY and within your community.
On this page:
QMUNITY provides counselling services that are culturally safe for queer and gender-diverse individuals of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
We offer up to 10 counselling sessions for clients and two streams of counselling programs, low-cost and free counselling.
Neither program stream is designed for crisis management, assessment, and diagnosis or severe mental health challenges and disorders. For crisis management resources and support, please view our Crisis Support section.
- Articles from QMUNITY Voices
Hear from members of the community on their experience with self-care, mental health, and more useful tips and resources for finding support and care.
If you are interested in adding your voice, please don’t hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea and/or contribution.
- Podcast Recommendations
The Happiness Lab
Happiness can seem unattainable sometimes. This is especially true when the things you work hard to earn don’t bring the happiness you expect.
That’s where Dr. Laurie Santos of Yale University thinks she can help.
Santos hopes to show you that your own happiness is in your control in even the smallest ways using findings from cutting-edge scientific research on the link between human behavior and emotions.
It’s no accident that Santos’ course “Psychology and the Good Life” is one of Yale’s most popular. Her main ambition is to help make you a little bit happier by teaching you to take ownership of how your mind works and how your behavior can be your first line of defence against negativity.
Inside Mental Health by PsychCentral
Hosted by Gabe Howard, “Inside Mental Health” is a podcast that aims to make mental health more accessible.
This podcast is produced for PsychCentral, which alongside Healthline, is owned by RVO Health. Experts and celebrities share experiences that help break down complex concepts and terminology in the field of psychology. You’ll learn the latest thinking on mental health and hear powerful stories about navigating topics such as trauma, self-care, and recovery.
Queer Relationships, Queer Joy
Hosted by Keely Helmick & Melisa De Seguirant
We often hear so much about the struggles of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, but on this show, we talk about all of the awesomeness in queer relationships!
We’re here to de-centre the cis, hetero, monogamous relationship escalator and find out what’s actually working!
QMUNITY Peer Support Groups to Join
QMUNITY has 12+ monthly peer-facilitated groups for those who want to meet others in the community, share thoughts and interests, and provide one another with care and support. This is a great and easy way to connect with others in a safe environment and meet new people.
- Suicide Helpline: 1-800-784-2433 (24 hrs/day)
- Crisis Services Canada: crisisservicescanada.ca/en/
- Call 1-833-456-4566 or text 45645 This hotline provides suicide prevention and support resources 24 hours a day and text services are available from 4pm to 12am EST
- Trans Lifeline: translifeline.org/
- Canada (877) 330-6366 US (877) 565-8860 Starting Aug 1: Hours: 5pm ET / 2pm PT – 1am ET / 10pm PT, 7 days a week. (a trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive.)
- Kuu-Us Crisis Line Society: kuu-uscrisisline.com/
- 1-866-925-4419 Provides crisis services for Indigenous people across BC. Adults/Elders line 250-723-4050 Youth line 250-723-2040 Or call toll free 1-800-588-8717