Focus Group Participants Needed for Relationships Safety Resources
December 15, 2014
In partnership with Legal Services Society, QMUNITY is publishing a series of relationships safety resources for trans folk and for people in same-gender relationships. We are seeking community members with lived experiences of relationship abuse to help us review the usability of the design and content of these resources before the resources are finalised.
When: By appointment for a half-hour meeting during business hours, January 5-9, 2015
Where: QMUNITY, 1170 Bute St (Please note: QMUNITY’s main space is not currently wheelchair accessible; if this is a barrier, another venue can be arranged)
How: Participants will meet 1-on-1 with QMUNITY’s Education / Outreach Community Developer. They will be shown the current draft of the resource and asked to consider:
- What they need or would have needed at another time in their lives from the resource
- Whether that information exists and is easily findable in the resource
- Whether the information is clear and usable
Honorarium: Participants will receive a $25 grocery store gift card as a small thank you for their time
I’m interested! Now what?: Please email or call QMUNITY’s Education / Community Developer Robin Parry at email@example.com / 604 684 5307 x 112 with:
- What times during 10am-6pm January 5-9, 2015 you may be available to meet
- Whether you are interested in reviewing the resource for trans* folk, for people in same-gender relationships, or both
- Anything else you would like us to know before meeting
We will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if you have been selected, and arrange a time to meet if so. QMUNITY is closed between Dec 25 and Jan 4, and all emails and calls received during that time will be returned on January 5.
Please note: Reviewing these relationship safety resources may be triggering for some. You will be free to stop the meeting at any stage, and will still be eligible for the gift card. If possible, we recommend planning some self-care time after the meeting.