QMUNITY celebrates October 1, National Seniors Day
September 29, 2017
At QMUNITY we want to recognize the contributions of our older LGBTQ/2S community members. Our Older Adults and Seniors program offers opportunities for community connection, social support, and personal development for LGBTQ/2S folks 55+
- Support & referral services for individuals, and organizations
- Friendly Visitor Program matches LGBTQ/2S volunteers with seniors for peer-to-peer social support
- Competency training on care for queer, trans, and Two-Spirit seniors
- Monthly programs & workshops guided by our 55+ Advisory Committee
- Older adults & seniors newsletter available digitally or in print with information on QMUNITY, inclusive community events, and meaningful engagement opportunities
The Older Adults & Seniors Program also holds four free social events each year:
Spring Fling – kick off the end of winter and enjoy an evening of light refreshments, entertainment, and good cheer.
Honoring Our Elders Tea – celebrate the contributions and legacies of those who forged and tended to our community.
Aging with Pride – show your pride in partnership with the West End Seniors Network, South Granville Seniors Centre, Haro Park Centre, and 411 Seniors Centre.
Holigays – warm up and enjoy our extended LGBTQ/2S family by toasting the year gone by and forming new connections.