QMUNITY Notetaker Job Description
Estimated start date: April 2021
QMUNITY is BC’s Queer, Trans and Two-Spirit Resource Centre which exists to improve queer, trans and Two-Spirit lives. QMUNITY operates on the occupied, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Notetakers support QMUNITY’s various volunteer and staff teams by taking thorough and accurate notes during meetings. Notetakers are expected to be punctual and reliable, and to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines. Meetings will take place virtually using Zoom; therefore, this role is suited to folx with strong writing and computer skills.
Hours: Work is done remotely (from home) on an as-needed basis. Hours will vary from month to month, but will be scheduled 2-4 weeks in advance.
- Attend online meetings as scheduled
- Record accurate and thorough notes during meetings
- Listen carefully to all members while being mindful that the position is not as a Committee or participating member
- Maintain meeting confidentiality
This is an unpaid volunteering position; volunteers should have/be:
- 18 years of age or over
- Strong listening, writing and notetaking skills
- Comfortable with online meetings, especially using Zoom
- Available to commit to at least one 2-hour meeting per month
- Access to reliable wi-fi and computer that can support Zoom meetings
Peers are able to uplift each other in unique ways – we strongly prefer our volunteers to identify as part of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Preference will be given to people of all marginalized genders, Indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
- Experience working in an established local non-profit.
- Inclusion in QMUNITY volunteer team events and professional development.
- Potential for letters of recommendation and references.
This role will be supported by QMUNITY’s Volunteer Coordinator and other program staff.
How to apply:
Please apply using our online Volunteer Application.