Special Events & Community Outreach Coordinator
The Special Events & Community Outreach Coordinator provides broad support for QMUNITY’s Program and development department, overseeing key events and serving as point person for select community outreach initiatives.
- Event Management:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of major events, including QMUNITY’S IDAHOT Breakfast and Stack the rack
- Supervise production of events- worked with event sponsors and internal/external teams on all aspects of planning event
- Coordinate logistical, budgetary, scheduling, and follow-up aspects for a range of community events & gatherings. This includes researching costs, creating event plans, arranging food, space bookings, and invitations, and compiling post mortem results and/or archiving event-specific materials
- Volunteer Management:
- Develop and execute strategies related to recruitment and retention of volunteers for events.
- Develop, implement and administer a comprehensive practicum student program to support QMUNITY’s programming
- Coordinate and assist in the development and implementation of strategies for outreach and recruitment programs
- Develop partnerships with social, civic and local organizations where appropriate, to recruit, develop and/or utilize volunteers
- Expand our recognition and reputation in the community through outreach and engagement with other LGBTQ2S+ organizations
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with community business owners where outreach, workshop, and support group activities are conducted
- Assist the Program Manager with oversight and reporting of community outreach, engagement, and marketing activities; community/public task forces/meetings
- Develop a program stream specific to LGBTQ2S+ Adult programming
- Assist with, direct, oversee and act as a resource to QMUNITY’s Peer Groups
- Assist with, direct, oversee and act as a resource during the Annual Vancouver Pride Festival
- Perform other duties as required
- Combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience with program development and implementation
- Knowledge of trends within volunteer sector
- Commitment to the principles of volunteerism and the value of community development
- Demonstrated experience managing volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within queer, trans, and Two-Spirit communities
- Ability to speak a language other than English is an asset
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, social media tools and new software applications
- Able to organize, multi-task, problem solve and remain flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to take initiative and be a strong team player
- Ability to respond and adapt to an evolving and dynamic work environment
- First Aid and CPR certification (desirable)
- Valid BC Drivers’ license (desirable)
- A relevant Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree or equivalent experience
- Criminal records search
- Flexible work hours availability (including some evenings and weekends)
- To follow all policies and procedures of the organization
- The ability to take initiative and be a strong team participant
- The ability to handle confidential/sensitive information appropriately
Accountability: The Special Events and Community Outreach Coordinator is directly accountable to the Executive Director through the Manager, Programs and Community Development. Please note that QMUNITY is a unionized workplace and staff are represented by CUPE 3495. This position is within the bargaining unit.
Salary: The salary for this position is based on an hourly wage of $22.75; this will change according to the outcome of the current bargaining period.
Hours of Work: This position is a full-time (37.5hrs/week). Please note that this position may require some evening and work.
Accessibility: QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building. Applicants should be aware that there is a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office.
How to apply: Email cover letter and resume, in either PDF or Word format, to [email protected]. Please indicate “Special Events and Community Outreach Coordinator – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is July 20th 2018 at 4:00pm