Start an LGBTQ2S+ Group
Do you have an idea for a group that would benefit the LGBTQ2S+ community?
Peer-Facilitated Groups are organized by community volunteers. Each group is asked to adhere to QMUNITY’s Code of Respect and other standards, and participate in some Queer Competency Training. Peer-Facilitated Groups are otherwise free to determine their own plans and leadership!
Applicants interested in starting peer-facilitated groups should:
- Have a background or interest in the type of group being created.
- Make a commitment to facilitate the group to its completion.
- Be stable in their own lives.
- Understand and maintain professional boundaries.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the group.
- Be non-judgmental and supportive.
- Be responsible, consistent, and trustworthy.
- Be willing to uphold QMUNITY’s Code of Respect.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] for more information.