Start an LGBTQ/2S Group
Do you have an idea for a group that would benefit the LGBTQ/2S community?
Peer-Facilitated Groups are organized by community volunteers. Each group is asked to adhere to QMUNITY’s Code of Respect and other standards, and participate in some Queer Competency Training. Peer-Facilitated Groups are otherwise free to determine their own plans and leadership!
How to start a Peer-Facilitated Group at QMUNITY:
- Explore the current social and support groups offered at QMUNITY – if someone has a similar idea, join forces!
- Read the Peer-Facilitated Groups Policy Handbook
- Complete and submit the QMUNITY Peer-Facilitated Groups Application Form to the Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected].
- Make sure you’ve signed up to Better Impact, our volunteer portal.
- Book a meeting with the Volunteer Coordinator to discuss your group, make any necessary adjustments to your application, and, if approved, sign up for a Queer Competency Training.
- Get started with group gatherings!
Applicants interested in starting peer-facilitated groups should:
- Have a background or interest in the type of group being created.
- Make a commitment to facilitate the group to its completion.
- Be stable in their own lives.
- Understand and maintain professional boundaries.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the group.
- Be non-judgmental and supportive.
- Be responsible, consistent, and trustworthy.
- Be willing to uphold QMUNITY’s Code of Respect.
Please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] with any questions.