Temporary Education Program Coordinator
Reports To: Education and Engagement Manager
Position Unionized CUPE 1936- Full Time
QMUNITY operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the Coast Salish territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
The Organization: QMUNITY is BC’s 2SLGBTQIA+ community hub and exists to improve queer, trans, and Two-Spirit lives. We do this in three ways: by supporting individuals, by strengthening our communities, and by leading the way towards legal and lived equality.
Diversity: QMUNITY is committed to equity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including trans and gender variant persons, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities.
Purpose: The Educational Program Coordinator is responsible for creating, maintaining and collaborating on an education platform for queer inclusivity training. The role also supports contract facilitators in ensuring quality of content and community engagement.
- Develop, design, and maintain education platform on Thinkific
- Create and support content in specific to Queer Inclusivity Training
- Coordinate and deliver workshops and other training opportunities
- Business development and promotion of workshops and training opportunities ▪ Develop and manage educational resources as required
- Support, coordinate and collaborate with contract facilitators up to but not limited to 4 contractors
- As required, represent QMUNITY at workshops, trainings and conferences
- Compile and maintain data to monitor program impact and inform ongoing program development and evaluation
- As required, actively promote and participate in fundraising activities and income generating activities
- Create and evaluate facilitators done by and with facilitators
- Engage in community needs assessment around queer education needs
- Perform other duties as required
|Facilitation Forum (10%)
|Planning and lead coordinator in creating facilitation forum
Organizing facilitation, presenter, attendees with support from managers and coordinators
|QIT Administration & Facilitation (50%)
|Coordinate QIT bookings and facilitation
Onboard QCO facilitators and empower contractors to facilitate
Providing tools and professional development opportunities for skill building for contractors
Reviewing and providing quarter revenue projections for contractors
Facilitation 2 QIT at maximum on a weekly basis
Creating feedback forms and indicators for QIT ’s
Providing training to contract facilitators
Providing biannual QIT to internal stakeholders
|New Curriculum Rebuild (40%)
|Working with Thinkific Program platform to develop an online self guided education model
Work with and lead Thinkific Team in expectation, content creation and best practices in inclusive generative modules
Work with board lead and Executive Director in creating online educational program
Working with Education and Engagement Manager to create communication strategies and outreach communication to partners
Liaise with external stakeholders on partnerships with curriculum
Create revenue projections and targets centered around launch of province wide education program
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in relevant field, paired with real world experience ▪ Demonstrated training experience – proficient in relevant training methodologies, curriculum development and soft skills (communication skills, critical thinking, time management, team building, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in successful marketing strategies is highly desirable ▪ Demonstrated experience in successful business development is highly desirable
- Technical competencies:
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, social media tools and presentation tools (e.g. Prezi)
- Basic digital design skills
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of LGBTQ issues and communities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in adult education, group facilitation, and public speaking
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial orientation
- Develop Thinkific platform for Queer Inclusivity Trainings
- Focus on support and coordination of contractors
- Deliver Queer Inclusivity Trainings
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and be a strong team participant
- Criminal record check
- Be available to meet a flexible work schedule (including some evenings and weekends), while still supporting unionized staff on site 3 days per week.
- To follow all policies and procedures of the organization
Compensation for this position is $35.00 per hour as well as registration into the Multi Sector Pension Plan. Comprehensive benefits package (extended health and dental insurance), as well as supplemental $1000/year health & wellness credit provided by QMUNITY after a three month probation period.
The Education Program Coordinator is accountable to the Education and Engagement Manager. Please note that QMUNITY is a unionized workplace and staff are represented by CUPE 1936. This position is within the bargaining unit.
Accessibility: Please note, QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building and applicants need to be able to negotiate a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office.
Start date: The expected start date for this position is Feb 1st 2024. Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found, and interviews will be held as resumes are received.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume that clearly outline how you meet the requirements in one document to email@example.com.